Ports/packages: PKGNAMESUFFIX variable

Christopher Sean Hilton chris at vindaloo.com
Mon Mar 8 16:11:40 UTC 2010

Is is considered okay for end users of the ports system to use the PKGNAMESUFFIX variable? I need to label the python 2.6 port that I've build as not having threads. Python with threads interferes with the mod_python and apache in the default configuration. I did the following:

     # cd /usr/ports/lang/python2.6; make
     # env PKGNAMESUFFIX="-nothreads" make install package clean

Everything seemed to work ok but I want to make sure I'm not creating problems for myself in the future.

-- Chris

                                       "There will be an answer, Let it be."
                                                          chris at vindaloo.com