EVOLUTION a, slow start, SOLVED

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Sun Mar 7 20:07:18 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-03-07 at 11:55 -0300, Sergio de Almeida Lenzi wrote:
> Hello all..
>
> Finallly I got the problem with evolution  on FreeBSD solved.
>
> Happens that evolution is very slow, on startup, and consumes an HUGE
> amount
> of CPU (system), on startup, making it almost unuseable for multi user
> systems...
>
> The problem is that some plugins  did not offer the startup entries
> that gnome (glib) wants. so FreeBSD tries to resolv the entry using
> dlsym(...)
> and search the entire user address space for that...
>
> a simple "patch"  for the plugins and e-util/e-plugin.c module solved
> the problem
> and now evolution starts in 3 seconds...

Thanks for looking into this.  Your attached Base64 stream is corrupt.
I was able to look at some of the patch, and I don't see why those
g_warning() calls need to be there.  Can you resubmit the patch (you can
unicast me) with just the stub functions returning the required values?
Thanks!

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome at FreeBSD.org