Flash viewer for FBSD

Pongthep Kulkrisada ptkrisada at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 04:33:42 UTC 2010

* Warren Block (wblock at wonkity.com) wrote:
> When you upgrade from 7.x to 8.x, it's necessary to rebuild *all* ports.

Thanks for your suggestion, but it does not seem likely.

All operating systems can always distinguish the system and packages.
For instance, gcc is tightly coupled with the system, it will be upgraded automatically while upgrading the system.
Some people only use console, they should rebuild all ports relating to their work.
They do not have to rebuild KDE or GNOME, for example.

I myself, after upgrading the system, I always rebuild MOST of textual ports like
vim, fetchmail, apache, etc and all ports required by them.
For GUI application, I keep updating ONLY web browser because the old version is usually prone to vulnerability issues.

If it is not enough, please tell me. :-)

Thanks,
Pongthep