Flash viewer for FBSD

C. P. Ghost cpghost at cordula.ws
Fri Mar 5 16:42:29 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 5:12 PM, Pongthep Kulkrisada <ptkrisada at gmail.com> wrote:
> Or the problem is that I cvsup(ed) from 7.1 to 7.2 and then csup(ed) to 8.0.

If you csup, you update only /usr/src (or /usr/ports). Have you actually
updated the system and the ports as well?

> FBSD should make it simpler than this.

It should. But what can we do if Adobe doesn't even acknowledge our
existence and refuses to provide a FreeBSD version of their Flash
player?

> Some Linux distros, flash plug-ins are installed in default configuration.
> But I shall not go back to Linux, anyway. :-)

Sure, Linux has a bigger market share, so they get enough love from
Adobe... though I understand that Flash support for Linux/x86-64 isn't
all that good either (?).

> Actually, I only want to study Unix console, C language and some administrations.
> In GUI world, I only want to point and click.

As said, if all else breaks, try running OpenSolaris (or a Linux distro)
as a guest OS inside VirtualBox. This way, you have the best of both
worlds.

--
Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/