8.0-RELEASE-p2 Isn't There?

Programmer In Training pit at joseph-a-nagy-jr.us
Fri Mar 5 12:56:54 UTC 2010

I did manage to get freebsd-update to run, after a sort. Now my system
identifies as

FreeBSD heaven 8.0-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE-p2 #0: Tue Jan  5
16:02:27 UTC 2010
root at i386-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

When I go to the ftp server to do any sort of updates (like using
sysinstall to install the kernel source so I can install pwcbsd via
ports), it tells me that 8.0-RELEASE-p2 isn't on the server (doesn't
matter which one I choose).

Will there be any issues if, via sysinstall, I set the release to "any"
(as suggested in the dialog box in sysinstall when it fails to find an
FTP server with the proper release)?

freebsd-update also has issues retrieving the proper stuff (it updated
the release, grabbed some files and then errors out):

freebsd-update -r 8.0-RELEASE-p2 upgrade
Looking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 3 mirrors found.
Fetching metadata signature for 8.0-RELEASE from update4.FreeBSD.org...
done.
Fetching metadata index... done.
Inspecting system... done.

The following components of FreeBSD seem to be installed:
kernel/generic world/base world/dict world/doc world/games
world/manpages

The following components of FreeBSD do not seem to be installed:
src/base src/bin src/cddl src/contrib src/crypto src/etc src/games
src/gnu src/include src/krb5 src/lib src/libexec src/release src/rescue
src/sbin src/secure src/share src/sys src/tools src/ubin src/usbin
world/catpages world/info world/proflibs

Does this look reasonable (y/n)? y

Fetching metadata signature for 8.0-RELEASE-p2 from
update4.FreeBSD.org... failed.
Fetching metadata signature for 8.0-RELEASE-p2 from
update5.FreeBSD.org... failed.
Fetching metadata signature for 8.0-RELEASE-p2 from
update2.FreeBSD.org... failed.
No mirrors remaining, giving up.
--
Yours In Christ,

PIT
Original content copyright under the OWL http://owl.apotheon.org
Please do not CC me. If I'm posting to a list it is because I am subscribed.