Virtual RS232 port link on IP or on network card

Eric Masson emss at free.fr
Thu Mar 4 16:51:46 UTC 2010

Mike Tancsa <mike at sentex.net> writes:

Hello,

>         Not sure if this is what you want to do or not, but if you want to
> connect a device to a serial port on FreeBSD and then access that serial
> device over the network from a remote machine, try
> /usr/ports/comms/ser2net

Nope, seems to be the opposite.

In OP's context, I'd try to check whether the application he wants to
use could be configured to access a remote device over ip (the manual
talks about connections to remote weather stations).

Generally, is there any way to create a virtual serial device that would
be backed by a userland daemon implementing rfc2217 for example ?

Regards

--
 J'ai essayé de creer un news un alt.west.virginia ou sur d'autres
 alt.west.wirginia.xxx mais quand je vais sur ces forums rien n'apparait?