RS232 / TCP converter and BSD.

Gary Gatten Ggatten at waddell.com
Thu Mar 4 16:49:09 UTC 2010

They make line drivers to sit inline and boost the signals to extend the range, similar to T1 repeaters I suppose.  I had to use some 10'ish years ago. They weren't "too" expensive then, can't imagine the would be now.

But back to OP ?, I'm sure someone has a program that takes an RS-232 stream and sticks it in tcp or udp.  If I'm bored today I'll poke around the ports and google and such.