how do I tell ports that perl5.8 should never be installed?

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Mon Mar 1 01:40:56 UTC 2010

>>>>> "Adam" == Adam Vande More <amvandemore at gmail.com> writes:

Adam> If it completed successly it has to help.  What are the result of each step
Adam> so we can isolate the problem.

It completes by installing 5.8.  I'd like to prevent that.

I'd like the entire portage system to consider 5.8 to be dead, both
for building from ports, and for installing packages that say they
depend on that.

How do I get there?