Bconsole not properly installed

Albin Vega albinv4616 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 13:46:38 UTC 2010

Hello

First let me say that I havent been using FreeBSD and Bacula before, so its
all a bit new to me, and I might do some beginners mistakes.

 have installed Bacula server 5.0.0.1 on a FreeBsd 8 platform. Have followed
the instructions on http://www.freebsddiary.org/bacula.php and have run all
the scripts and have the bacula pids running. But now I have run into some
trouble. When i try to start the bconsole on the terminal window I get the
message "Command not found".

I then open Gnome and run the bconsole command in a treminal window. I get
the message "Bconsole not properly installed"

I have located bconsole file in to places:

1.
/usr/local/share/bacula/bconsole

This script looks like this:
bacupserver# more /usr/local/share/bacula/bconsole
#!/bin/sh
which dirname >/dev/null
# does dirname exit?
if [ $? = 0 ] ; then
  cwd=`dirname $0`
  if [ x$cwd = x. ]; then
     cwd=`pwd`
  fi
  if [ x$cwd = x/usr/local/sbin ] ; then
     echo "bconsole not properly installed."
     exit 1
  fi
fi
if [ x/usr/local/sbin = x/usr/local/etc ]; then
   echo "bconsole not properly installed."
   exit 1
fi
if [ $# = 1 ] ; then
   echo "doing bconsole $1.conf"
   /usr/local/sbin/bconsole -c $1.conf
else
   /usr/local/sbin/bconsole -c /usr/local/etc/bconsole.conf
fi
 Running this script returns message:
bconsole not properly installed.

2.
/usr/ports/sysutils/bacula-server/work/bacula-5.0.0/scripts/bconsole

This script looks like this:
bacupserver# more
/usr/ports/sysutils/bacula-server/work/bacula-5.0.0/scripts/bconsole
#!/bin/sh
which dirname >/dev/null
# does dirname exit?
if [ $? = 0 ] ; then
  cwd=`dirname $0`
  if [ x$cwd = x. ]; then
     cwd=`pwd`
  fi
  if [ x$cwd = x/sbin ] ; then
     echo "bconsole not properly installed."
     exit 1
  fi
fi
if [ x/sbin = x/etc/bacula ]; then
   echo "bconsole not properly installed."
   exit 1
fi
if [ $# = 1 ] ; then
   echo "doing bconsole $1.conf"
   /sbin/bconsole -c $1.conf
else
   /sbin/bconsole -c /etc/bacula/bconsole.conf
fi

 Runnig this script returns the message:
/usr/ports/sysutils/bacula-server/work/bacula-5.0.0/scripts/bconsole:
/sbin/bconsole: not found

I then located the bconsole.conf file:
/usr/ports/sysutils/bacula-server/work/bacula-5.0.0/src/console/bconsole.conf
Tryed to manually move til to /etc/bacula but there is no /etc/bacula
directory...

I am running out of ideas on what to do here. Enybody have any ideas on what
to do? Would be very greatful I someone would point me in the right
direction....

Best regards
Albin