Sendmail and spam/antivirus

Jorge Biquez jbiquez at icsmx.com
Tue Jun 22 15:36:14 UTC 2010

Hello all.

I have a small machine with Freebsd 7.3, it is running sendmail for a
few email accounts.

I'd like to implement, the easiest and most secure way to do it since
machine is on a remote place where I have not access, I'd like to
implement a spam  filter and an antivirus. I installed from ports
spamd but seems like it is not doing anything.
What would be your advice on what to install to have and anivirus and
an anti spam in the server? Sendmail is working fine and there are
just a few email accounts there so no need to change it, since some
of the accounts have been "public" in the last years they are in LOT
of spammers lists and the spam and messages with virus has increased
a lot in the last weeks so if possible to filter some will help.
Thanks in advance.
Jorge Biquez