What happens with x11-toolkits/linux-f10-gtk2 ?

Antonio Vieiro antonio at antonioshome.net
Sun Jun 6 08:28:52 UTC 2010

Hi all,

First of all my apologies if this is not an appropriate list. I'm a
newbie in FreeBSD and I'm a bit overwhelmed about mailing lists and
asking for help. If this list is not appropriate for this question I'd
appreciate if anyone could suggest an appropriate one.

The fact is that I've just installed FreeBSD 8.0 on my laptop and I'm
starting to configure it.

I'm trying to install the "x11-toolkits/linux-f10-gtk2" port by running

cd /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/linux-f10-gtk2; make install clean

This in turn tries to download some stuff, and it keeps on seeking for
"gtk2-2.14.7-7.fc10.i386.rpm" on many different servers, all of them
respond with "File unavailable", like this:

=> gtk2-2.14.7-7.fc10.i386.rpm doesn't seem to exist in
/usr/ports/distfiles/rpm/i386/fedora/10.
=> Attempting to fetch from
http://archives.fedoraproject.org/pub/archive/fedora/linux/core/../releases/10/Everything/i386/os/Packages/.
fetch: http://archives.fedoraproject.org/pub/archive/fedora/linux/core/../releases/10/Everything/i386/os/Packages/gtk2-2.14.7-7.fc10.i386.rpm:
Not Found
=> Attempting to fetch from
http://archives.fedoraproject.org/pub/archive/fedora/linux/core/../updates/10/i386/.
fetch: http://archives.fedoraproject.org/pub/archive/fedora/linux/core/../updates/10/i386/gtk2-2.14.7-7.fc10.i386.rpm:
Not Found
=> Attempting to fetch from
http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/../releases/10/Everything/i386/os/Packages/.
fetch: http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/../releases/10/Everything/i386/os/Packages/gtk2-2.14.7-7.fc10.i386.rpm:
Not Found

Error messages like these keep on appearing on the console, and the
port is never installed.

I was wondering if someone more experienced than me could shed some
light on how to get this port installed.

Thanks in advance,
Antonio