text editor

doug doug at fledge.watson.org
Tue Jun 1 00:53:50 UTC 2010

On Tue, 1 Jun 2010, Fbsd1 wrote:

> SNIP alot of text not related to original posted question.
>
> Can we get back on subject.
>
> I have worked many years with ispf so decided to check out "THE"
> I installed pkg_add -r the
> entering "the" on the command line produces something that is far removed
> from ispf/pdf. manpage and website documentation for "the" really sucks.
> Think I need to create a default profile that activates ispf but have found
> no instructions on how to do it. Can not find "the" profile file on my
> system.
>
> more help please.

I would infer from the responses to your original question that you probably got
what the list has to offer on THE. It does not seem to be a very active project.
If you can not find a mailing list or an IRC channel, you may well be stuck with
figuring it out. I worked on SPF and wrote a monitoring tool for it back in the
day. Kate (KDE) and TextPad (Winders) have most if not all the features I can
remember as being things other editors do not generally have, e.g., block
editing and collapsing code blocks.