BSD logo (a moderate opinion)

Frank Shute frank at shute.org.uk
Sat Jul 31 14:55:16 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 05:07:26PM +0000, Mario Lobo wrote:

> On Thursday 29 July 2010 19:45:02 Antonio Olivares wrote:
> > I am sorry but I am now confused, the BSD Logo :
> >
> > http://www.freebsd.org/layout/images/logo-red.png
> >
> > is the sex toy right?
> >
> > Because Beastie just has his pitchfork
> >

> Well, don't forget that sado-masochists would find tons of usages for the
> pitchfork, maybe even beastie's horns along with it :)

A pitchfork has 2 tines a trident (which is what Beastie carries) has
3.

Interestingly, the trident seems to appear in a number of religions.

Shiva carries one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Shiva_cropped.jpg

as does Poseidon IIRC.

So maybe Beastie is a disabled Hindu! (missing 2 arms).

Regards,

--

 Frank