How to mass recompile broken packages?

Volodymyr Kostyrko c.kworr at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 11:34:55 UTC 2010

29.07.2010 11:25, Unga wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm using FreeBSD 8.1 on i386 machine.
>
> I have upgraded a package using portmanager, but the upgrade seems not successful.
>
> The required package is upgraded but all packages depend on the upgraded package were not recompiled.
>
> I have two questions regarding this:
> 1. How to list all packages that are broken now?
>
> 2. How to mass recompile all broken packages?

You will need to install libchk from ports. After that:

libchk | grep '^Unresolvable' | sed 's|.* in: ||' | xargs -n1 pkg_info
-W | sed 's|.*by package ||' | sort -u | grep -v '^[?]$' > rebuild

You'll get 'rebuild' file listing all packages with broken binaries. You
can use portmaster or portupgrade on it.

--
Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow.