8.1 is available

Fbsd8 fbsd8 at a1poweruser.com
Sat Jul 24 23:25:03 UTC 2010

b. f. wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 07:38:51PM +0800, Aiza wrote:
>
>> Since the release team never makes a announcement on this list when a
>> new RELEASE is published. I will let you all know that
>>
>> RELEASE 8.1 has been published and is available for download.
>
> And if you were wondering why the release iso images were uploaded to
> the main project server four days prior to the announcement, the
> official reason given was to allow all of the mirrors time to
> synchronize with the main server before the announcement, to avoid
> lots of inquiries about why the release "isn't available".

What I am wondering is why the release iso have been renamed. The path
and file name was to long before and now with 8.1 some fool added the
word Freebsd to it. What on earth for? How many times does the word
freebsd have to be in the path/name? Wish somebody would supervise the
worker bees so they don't go changing thing on their own.