BSD logo

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sat Jul 24 11:45:50 UTC 2010

On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 00:05:14 -0700, David Brodbeck <gull at gull.us> wrote:
> I'm reminded of when some Christian groups called for a boycott of
> Apple because they had an OS project code-named "Darwin."  Some people
> will just go out of their way to look for reasons to take offense.

I'm reminded to a specific "Computer Stupidity", and please
forgive me that I quote it here:

	Tech Support: "All right...now double-click on the
		File Manager icon."
	Customer: "That's why I hate this Windows -- because of
		the icons -- I'm a Protestant, and I don't
		believe in icons."
	Tech Support: "Well, that's just an industry term sir.
		I don't believe it was meant to --"
	Customer: "I don't care about any 'Industry Terms'.
		I don't believe in icons."
	Tech Support: "Well...why don't you click on the
		'little picture' of a file cabinet...is
		'little picture' ok?"
	Customer: [click]

http://www.rinkworks.com/stupid/cs_icons.shtml