BSD logo

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sat Jul 24 08:22:07 UTC 2010

On 24/07/2010 08:38:24, Bernt Hansson wrote:
> Victor Skovorodnikov said the following on 2010-07-24 04:01:
>> Hi!
>>
>> This may sound strange but I have a question about logo.  Why such a
>> logo for BSD?  What is the
>> meaning of that logo?
>>
>> I have always been thinking of trying FreeBSD but as a Christian I get
>> deterred by its un-Christian
>> logo.
>
> Grow up your silly sod!

No, no.  I'm afraid the game is up, chaps.  Such perspicacious
observation!  Such penetrating insight!  How could we have dreamed that
anyone would uncover our daemonic plot to make the world a better place
through superior software by simply examining our logo?

My friends, I fear that there is going to be a lot of holy water
sprinkled in data centres over the coming months.  There will be much
weeping and wailing and a darkness shall spread over the face of the
net; lightnings and thunders and unwholesome smokes shall assault those
holy warriors attempting to drive out the daemonically possessed (Hint:
turn off the power *before* applying the Holy Water.)

	Cheers,

	Matthew

Disclaimer: Prophecy not valid where Enlightenment values have largely
replaced the Medieval superstition, nor in those countries with a
predominantly non-Abrahamic religious heritage.  Terms and conditions
may apply.  The value of your investments may go down as well as up.

                                                  Flat 3