Anybody using the portcheckout port

Rob Farmer rfarmer at predatorlabs.net
Fri Jul 23 01:59:43 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 6:48 PM, Fbsd8 <fbsd8 at a1poweruser.com> wrote:
> Is this port broken?
>
> I can not get it to work.
>
> It gives this message
>
> cvs checkout: No CVSROOT specified! Please use the -d option
> Cannot read the INDEX file. Give up

I am not familiar with that port, but it looks to be a wrapper for
running cvs to get the port directory (and dependencies) you have
requested, then installing from that. cvs needs either the -d flag or
the CVSROOT environment variable to tell it which CVS repo to checkout
from. There are some examples here:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/anoncvs.html

--
Rob Farmer