Is there a script to upgrade i386 system to amd64 ?

Olivier Nicole Olivier.Nicole at cs.ait.ac.th
Mon Jul 19 02:52:00 UTC 2010

Hi

> Since this is something that potentially almost everyone would need at
> least once this should be made very easy for the end user.

I am not sure what you mean. I have penty of machines that are 32 bits
and simply cannot run 64 bits.

If I ever replace one 32 bits machines with a 64 bits new machine, I
will simply re-install everything from scratch, it's safer (can run
the 2 machines in parallel until the new on eis ready) and simplier,
and gives me opportunity for a good cleanup (I will not reinstall all
the bits and pieces that I only installed for testing purpose and
never used after that).

Best regards,

Olivier