Wacom tablet driver port doesn't seem to work

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Wed Jul 14 05:12:12 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 05:06:22PM -0700, Chip Camden wrote:
> Quoth Chad Perrin on Tuesday, 13 July 2010:
> >
> > Alas, I do not have that file either.  There are, in fact, no files with
> > "wacom" anywhere in the path on this system other than the files in the
> > input-wacom port.
>
> Interesting.  After I built the port here, that file was new.  I'm afraid
> I don't know anything more to be able to help.
>
> You did try make clean deinstall reinstall, right?

Something appears to have changed.  About the fourth time I tried
deinstalling and reinstalling (using a different approach each time), it
finally produced the wacom_drv.so file.  I'm not sure what that's all
about.

Of course, I'm not sure what the heck to do with that file now that I
have it.  It's a shared object file, which suggests to me that it should
be used automatically by any software that needs it, but its presence
doesn't appear to have any effect on the problem of my touchscreen not
working.  Any ideas?