/usr/local empty after upgrade

Mike Barnard mike.barnardq at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 15:15:13 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Chris Rees <utisoft at gmail.com> wrote:

> You sure you didn't have /usr on a different partition and forget to tell
> sysinstall?

100% sure... I have tried to rebuild world but I still end up with an empty
/usr/local.. Prior to upgrading from 8.0-RELEASE, the directory has the
usual files and directories, but after the upgrade, its empty. Good thing is
that I had not installed any ports.

I'd like to avoid a reinstall, which is why I was wondering if there is a
way I can get this directory back with its files and directories.