VLANs is this right?

Modulok modulok at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 17:30:15 UTC 2010

It was a simplified diagram of what I thought I needed. ( Which may or
may not be what I actually need! )

Basically, I want a port on the switch that I can plug un-trusted
devices into. Systems wich are known to be just crawling with
malicious software. I need to provide them with an Internet
connection, but otherwise want them separated from everybody else.
Think DMZ isolation, but they're not providing any 'external'
services. I was wondering if this could be done with tagging and
address aliases, instead of buying a third network card for the BSD
machine.

If that makes any sense.