Convert all packages to ports

Chris Stankevitz chrisstankevitz at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 1 21:58:13 UTC 2010

--- On Thu, 7/1/10, Glen Barber <glen.j.barber at gmail.com> wrote:
> Once "ports" or "packages" are installed,
> there is no
> differentiation to the system.

Interesting.  If this is true, then I can just start upgrading my 'pkg_add' installed packages using ports and eventually they will all be converted over to 'make'.

However, your comment seems to be in disagreement with online warnings of "do not mix 'pkg_add' packages with 'make' ports".

My original question's intention was to prevent me from having a system where some packages were installed with 'pkg_add' while others were installed with 'make'.

Thank you,

Chris