pkg_add

Fbsd8 fbsd8 at a1poweruser.com
Thu Jul 1 03:29:23 UTC 2010

Mr. Darren wrote:
> Though this will not be the focus of my question.
 >Lots of ports are being created for FreeBSD and none submitted.  I
don't know why.

> My problem arises when trying to install one of these which is put together quite well.
 >pkg_add -r http://site/something.tbz, or pkg_add something.tbz doesn't
work for the dependencies.
 >So how do I tell pkg_add to fetch the first pkg from one site and the
rest from the main sites?  It is available in source but the system is
void of pkg's at the moment and with the 1ghz processor and 512mb ram
could take quite a while.  And the funny part is it will work perfectly
if I just place it in ports/multimedia.

>  Darren Johnston

The official Freebsd Packages all come from the same ftp site.
And all the dependents get install just fine.
Targeting a non-official package site is done at your own risk.