Generating normally distributed random numbers.

Rolf Nielsen listreader at lazlarlyricon.com
Sun Jan 31 03:30:03 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I am working on a project where I have the need to generate normally
distributed random positive integers, preferably unsigned 64 bit (or
even longer if possible) integers. More specifically, I will need the
ability to supply the expected value and the standard deviation for the
desired distribution, so a standard normal distribution will not do.

Is there anyone out there who knows how to accomplish this? I have no
idea whatsoever, and for all I know there may already be a function that
does this in the math library. I'm quite accomplished when it comes to
math, but strangely I've never programmed computers for it.

Any help will greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Rolf Nielsen