gjournal on compact flash

Nikos Vassiliadis nvass9573 at gmx.com
Sat Jan 30 10:24:46 UTC 2010

On 1/30/2010 1:35 AM, Adam Vande More wrote:
> There is an rc flags to automatically do a full fsck instead of
> backgroud, but I am unsure exactly what you mean by user intervention.

Practice has shown that while softupdates handle most situations
cleanly, they don't handle ALL situations. In short, having to do
a blind_yes_to_all full fsck is not an option for me. OTOH a journaling
solution like gjournal or softupdates journaling, makes sure that
the filesystem will be surely consistent after an ungraceful power
cycle. I am not in a hurry and waiting for SUJ to hit the 8 branch
seems sensible.

Nikos