Software RAID options

Danny Edge nocmonkey at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 04:27:48 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 11:18 PM, Glen Barber <glen.j.barber at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Danny Edge wrote:
> > What works for you and can you suggest a guide? I haven't setup a BSD
> server
> > in 8 years, but my environment will be:
>
> I've been using gmirror for some time, without problems.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/geom-mirror.html

Thanks, Glen, I should have mentioned that I did see gmirror mentioned in
the HB. Pending further suggestions, I will try gmirror for software RAID 1
(yes, as large as the smallest disk).

[Snip...]
.

> > I also plan on backing up via newbie rsync and SSH scripts.
> >

> May I suggest rsnapshot?

I will look into rsnapshot. All these new tools that I didn't have 10 years
ago!

--
CPDE - Certified Petroleum Distribution Engineer
CCBC - Certified Canadian Beer Consumer