Sendmail & Procmail

David Kelly dkelly at hiwaay.net
Fri Jan 29 21:29:27 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 02:59:34PM -0500, Clayton Scott Kern wrote:
> I just upgraded to FBSD 8.0 from 6.4 and I'm having a problem with
> sendmail passing email to procmail.  I only use this combination for
> email from root's cron jobs.  Right now emails to me from cron go to
> /var/mail/ckern1.

[...]

> I created the cf file using make cf, then make install and make
> restart.

OK, but did the procmail enhancements make it in the generated .cf file?

> What have I missed.  This is the same setup on 6.4 and it worked fine.

If making procmail available (or mandatory) for all users I can see
justification for what you are trying. But for just one user why not
keep it simple with a "|/usr/local/bin/procmail" in /etc/aliases?

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly at HiWAAY.net