wpi problems -- kern/142907

Craig Butler craig001 at lerwick.hopto.org
Mon Jan 25 13:32:00 UTC 2010

Hi All

Anyone else having problems with wpi ?? I have upgraded the firmware,
helps a little but is still far from perfect.

Unless I continuously ping the gateway wpi silently drops the
connection.  Even then connections to other servers on the lan are dodgy
unless I am actively pinging them to keep the connection alive.  After a
time it all self destructs anyway and I have to restart if_wpi
and /etc/rc.d/netif

I know that it isn't the access points at fault as other devices and
wifi cards work well.

Cheers

Craig Butler