PCIe audio cards: what is tob be preferred with FreeBSD 8.0/9-CURRENT?

O. Hartmann ohartman at mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de
Sun Jan 24 16:36:57 UTC 2010

Well,
At this very moment I utilise a M-Audio 5.1 PCI-audio board with which
I'm really satisfied. My next box doesn't have PCI slots at all (ASUS
P6T6-WS Revolution) and due to the fact I'm using Windows 7 sometimes
for recreational gaming, I'd like to have a moderate expensive audio
board with the workstation which is supported by FreeBSD 8/9. In the
past - means two or three ywars ago, I had problems with Soundblaster
PCIe boards, so I was recommended avoiding those and choosing the more
elabotrated M-Audio cards for the PCI bus.
At this moment, I look for the Soundblaster X-Fi range of PCIe cards,
but I'm not sure whether they are supported by FreeBSd 8/9. Any suggestions?

Regards,
Oliver