libpthread.so.0 not found ...

Jamie Griffin JPG at mythic-beasts.com
Sat Jan 23 03:35:02 UTC 2010

Hi

I'm using 8.0-p2 with the linux f10 flashplugin used with firefox 35. I
did a fresh install a few days ago.

So far, ive not noticed any problems when viewing flash sites, the only
thing Im unsure about is the following error message i get in my
~/.xsession-errors file (or on the console when not in x):

LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
/usr/local/lib/npapilinux-f10-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so [Shared object
"libpthread.so.0" not found, required by "libflashplayer.so"]

This library is on my system, in /usr/compat/linux/lib/libpthread.so.0.
Its simlinked to libpthread-2.9.so.

So, I wondered, as this library is on my system what could the cause of
the error, and how can I fix it?

    Jamie