Missing all ttyv* device nodes after upgrade 7.0 -> 7.2

Morgan Wesström freebsd-questions at pp.dyndns.biz
Tue Jan 19 20:33:31 UTC 2010

I obviously did something wrong somewhere but I can't figure out what.
All console device nodes /dev/ttyv0 - /dev/ttyvf are missing after I
upgraded a machine from 7.0 to 7.2. The serial console node /dev/ttyd0
is there though if that rings a bell. What controls the creation of the
console device nodes? Any hints on what I should check? I did deactivate
unneeded SCSI-drivers and the like in the GENERIC kernel but the tty
related stuff is still there, like:

options         COMPAT_43TTY            # BSD 4.3 TTY compat
device          sc

/Morgan