can't build pidgin...

Daniel Bye freebsd-questions at slightlystrange.org
Tue Jan 19 09:53:33 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 09:29:05PM -0800, Gary Kline wrote:

> when I do a make install clean in net-im/pidgin I constantly get rejects about
> the datestamp being wrong and the file is not retrieved.  any help will be
> greatly appreciated.

It sounds like a previous attempt to install it failed in some way, either
through error or because you cancelled it. In any case, run `make distclean'
in net-im/pidgin and try again. That will delete the portion of the distfile
that you already have, and allow the ports system to fetch it again.

Dan

--
Daniel Bye
                                                                     _