Q: recommendation for external USB disk

Erich Dollansky oceanare at pacific.net.sg
Sun Jan 17 08:00:04 UTC 2010

Hi,

just buy the hard disk of your choice and put it into the case of
your choice.

I use only disks which come with five years warrenty.

Smeelen escribió:
> > I use Freecom hard drive XS 1.5TB USB2.0 on our fallback
> > servers as back-up disks.
>
> Your /dev/da1s1d let me think that you have created more than
> one partition...

After a bad experience, I use as many slices as the machine uses I
take the data from. I also backup the programs.

Then, I use for the external disk the same interface which I can
use in the machine. So, if the internal hard disk fails, will be
able to exchange the disks and boot. Ok, fstab might needs to be
edited.

Erich