cannot install apache22 on FBSD 8.0

PJ af.gourmet at videotron.ca
Wed Jan 13 02:48:16 UTC 2010

Gentlemen,
I am absolutely stupefied by apache22, php5, php5-extensions and
phpmysql refusing to be updated or installed
I did manage to do one installation on a freshly upgraded box from 7.2
to 8.0 but with very frustrating and time consuming efforts. I still
don't know how I managed, but it seems to work, for the moment anyway.
Could someone explain to me why there is a problem with apache22, php5
and the rest - when doing an upgrade from 7.2 to 8.0.
I followed the instructions in the handbood to the letter and both times
there is a problem.
Am I doing something that is not evident in the instructions. Even the
apache site states very clearly that and update is about as simple as
could be.
The long list of errors when installing apache seem to deal with a lot
of undeclared stuff (first use in this function) for a lot of uldap
stuff like cache, connection etc. etc.
How does one deal with this as there seems to be nothing on google.
TIA