partly offtopic, but need feed back now.

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Tue Jan 12 07:48:37 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 10:59:34PM -0800, Bill Campbell wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010, Jon Radel wrote:
> > Gary Kline wrote:

> > Hmmmm....if you're doing the standard thing, and porting your phone
> > number to the cable company, they'll have to put some equipment of their
> > own on or in your house.  They don't really take ownership of the
> > "line", just the number.
>
> One thing to be aware of with the cable company -- when we had a
> week-long power outage a year or so ago, it took Comcast another
> week to get the cable back up and running after the power came
> back on.  Our T1 and other phone lines were fine, and our
> generator kept the computers up and running throughout.

	hehehehehe.  I mean: "oh no, oh my heavens."  well, I tried to caution
	my family, but ....

	seriously, I'm not anything remotely gleeful or even smiling.  the past
	few months has burned me out

	gary

	ps:  if my domain suddenly become un-pingable, you'll know the score.

    The 7.79a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php