bin/115406: [patch] gpt(8) GPT MBR hangs award BIOS on boot

Dan Naumov dan.naumov at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 16:15:55 UTC 2010

I have a few questions about this PR:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=115406&cat=bin

1) Is this bug now officially fixed as of 8.0-RELEASE? Ie, can I
expect to set up a completely GPT-based system using an Intel
D945GCLF2 board and not have the installation crap out on me later?

2) The very last entry into the PR states the following:
"The problem has been addressed in gart(8) and gpt(8) is obsolete, so
no follow-up is to be expected at this time. Close the PR to reflect
this."

What exactly is "gart" and where do I find it's manpage,
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi comes up with nothing? Also, does
this mean that GPT is _NOT_ in fact fixed regarding this bug?

Thanks.

- Sincerely,
Dan Naumov