anyone using ZFS on a memstick?

krad kraduk at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 9 18:32:37 UTC 2010

2010/1/8 Ishmael F.E. <sulfurfff at gmail.com>

> Hi list
>
> I'd like to know your opinion on formating a portable
> device with this file system.
>
> I have an external 120G HD, and I'd like to use an
> ENCRYPTED ZFS partition to save files and copy them
> between different machines (my laptop, at work, etc).
>
> ¿Is easy to mount ZFS as it is with ntfs or ext3?
>
> Regards
>

> --
> [En muchos lugares, tomar fotos es visto como]
> [una costumbre vil y reprensible                      ]

its fairly easy, just export/import the pool. One thing to make sure is that
all you machines are capable of handling zfs. Also make sure they are all on
the same zfs baseline. If you update one box and it goes upto zfs v22 say,
and you do a zpool upgrade. Your other machines wont be able to access the
zpool until they are upgraded