Rename pictures in the command-line interface

Karl Vogel vogelke+unix at pobox.com
Tue Jan 5 20:16:16 UTC 2010

>> On Mon, 04 Jan 2010 15:52:09 -0500,
>> Nathan Vidican nathan at vidican.com said:

N> Personally I find things like this a LOT easier to do in Perl...

   Ditto.  Here's a more generic version which uses regular expressions to
   rename files:
     http://www.pobox.com/~vogelke/src/toolbox/perl/rename.txt

   I put up most of the scripts in my ~/bin directory for examination here,
   if anyone's interested:
     http://www.pobox.com/~vogelke/src/toolbox/

   The descriptions are NOT complete, but they're getting there.

--
Karl Vogel                      I don't speak for the USAF or my company

The tides are a fight between the Earth and moon.  All water tends
towards the moon, because there is no water in the moon, and nature
abhors a vacuum.  I forget where the sun joins in this fight.
        --submitted to science and health teachers, Jr High thru college