Midnight Commander - Where is the subshell?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Fri Jan 1 18:28:49 UTC 2010

Herbert and all friends of the MC,

because the MC is my main tool for nearly everything, I
think I should share my newest observation.

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 13:06:02 +0100, herbert langhans <herbert.raimund at gmx.net> wrote:
> Fascinating. I have the 'no subshell' phenomenon on the desktop
> and the laptop. Tried also from another user login, still the
> same. Root can use mc-subshell, but users get a blank screen
> with CTRL-o.

Fascinating, indeed. I have just updated mc to 4.7.0, which
is on OS 8.0-RC1, and I don't have this problem. At "make
config", I had set everything to [X] except X11. When I
press ^o, I can "switch" between the MC and the subshell,
even as an ordinary user.

> It even seems to be not a common problem. Just common on my
> FreeBSD-computers..

Now no more. :-)

--
Polytropon