xclip

Peter Ulrich Kruppa ulrich at pukruppa.net
Fri Jan 1 16:00:54 UTC 2010

On Fri, 1 Jan 2010, Charles Howse wrote:

> Hi,
> I have need for a command-line tool to copy to the clipboard in FreeBSD 6.4.
> As in: command | xclip
> Looked at xclip and xclipboard -
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=xclip&stype=all
>
> I can't tell by the dependencies if this requires the X gui.  I'm running
> command-line-only and DON'T want to install X.
> Can anyone help?  Thanks!
If the stuff you want to copy usually isn't longer then your
text-terminal you could simply enable "moused" in
/stand/sysinstall: You can mark the text holding your left mouse
button and paste it clicking on the middle - even in a second
text-terminal (with [ALT] + [Fn]). Would that do the trick?

Greetings

Uli.