Fax Solutions

Mike Woods mike at geofront.co.uk
Fri Jan 1 00:27:52 UTC 2010

David Allen wrote:
> This is a wide open question, but if anyone has any experience or
> comments with respect to using FreeBSD for sending/receiving faxes,
> I'd be grateful to hear them.
>
> Hylafax is available in ports, and the website makes mention of some
> compatible hardware, but I thought I'd  ask here first.

A few years back I setup a system using hylafax for the office i was in
at the time, it was connected to an old 33.6k fax modem (and then an ata
:p) and worked perfectly, it was a bit of a pain to get it setup
intially but once it was all going we had fax to email and using
jhylafax cross platform faxing from any of our machines!