8.0 on new hardware and a few errors, should I be worried?

Dan Naumov dan.naumov at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 01:29:00 UTC 2010

Hello

I've very recently finished installing 8.0-RELEASE on some new
hardware and I noticed a few error messages that make me a bit uneasy.
This is a snip from my dmesg:

acpi0: <SMCI > on motherboard
acpi0: [ITHREAD]
acpi0: Power Button (fixed)
acpi0: reservation of fee00000, 1000 (3) failed
acpi0: reservation of 0, a0000 (3) failed
acpi0: reservation of 100000, bf600000 (3) failed

What do these mean and should I worry about it? The full DMESG can be
viewed here: http://jago.pp.fi/temp/dmesg.txt

Additionally, while building a whole bunch of ports on this new system
(about 30 or so, samba, ncftp, portaudit, bash, the usual suspects), I
noticed the following in my logs during the build process:

Feb 27 21:24:01 atombsd kernel: pid 38846 (try), uid 0: exited on
signal 10 (core dumped)
Feb 27 22:17:49 atombsd kernel: pid 89665 (conftest), uid 0: exited on
signal 6 (core dumped)

All ports seem to have built and installed succesfully. Again, what do
these mean and should I worry about it? :)

Thanks!

- Sincerely,
Dan Naumov