8.0 USB storage issues reading more than 100Mb

Ishmael F.E. sulfurfff at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 22:07:56 UTC 2010

Hi list

I've been having issues when I try to read/write more than
100Mb from/to USB storage devices (pen-drives and HDs).

ie: If I try to copy anything than happens to be greater than
100M, the WHOLE system FREEZES for about 2 minutes
and then continues processing the transfer, and then
freezes again, and so it continues till it finishes.

That happens in 8.0 i386 and AMD64.

How can I fix that?

Everything else works like a charm, but I can't live without
my external 100G HD attached to my computer...

In case someone needs to know, these are the specs of my laptop
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01061905&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

--
[En muchos lugares, tomar fotos es visto como]