can I do away with most things-java?

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Tue Feb 23 22:28:25 UTC 2010

	Some years ago I thought that future java tools would have
	BSD ports that did not demand that we fetch them ourselves?
	Now, among the few things left to rebuild/update is
	diablo-jdk16.  The makefile sez to fetch
	tzupdater-1_3_25-2009u.zip.

	Can somebody please give me the exact URL that points to this
	file?

	More to the point, will a java port like openjdk free me from
	any Sun ports?  Right now, a test pkg_delete of d-jdk16 gave
	me:

t at tao:/var/db/pkg# pkg_delete diablo-jdk-1.6.0.07.02_7/
pkg_delete: package 'diablo-jdk-1.6.0.07.02_7' is required by these other packages
and may not be deinstalled:
apache-ant-1.7.1
freemind-0.8.1_1,1
swt-3.5.1