Dual booting Windows 7 and FreeBSD (and possibly GRUB)

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Tue Feb 23 17:39:59 UTC 2010

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 14:16:53 +0100, AngryWolf <angrywolf2009 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Even if you installed FreeBSD *before* Windows, you can restore the
> FreeBSD boot manager with sysinstall (select the Custom installation
> from the main menu), for example.

Well... in fact, that's not restoring the boot manager,
this is re-installing the boot manager. :-)

You can install the boot manager also from a FreeBSD
live file system or fixit console, using the boot0cfg
command, if I remember that procedure correctly.

> Or GRUB can also be another way to go,
> of course.

Especially in conjunction with Linux as another OS on
the disk, I think this would be the most comfortable
solution.

But as I said, I'm no multi-booter. =^_^=

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany