Physic to KVM VPS server FREEBSD 8.0 STABLE

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Mon Feb 22 20:29:57 UTC 2010

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 20:00:38 +0000, Jeronimo Calvo <jeronimocalvop at googlemail.com> wrote:
> the error that im getting is the following:
>
> >> acd0: FAILURE - INQUIRY ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x24 ascq=0x00

Okay, next question: What are you trying to do when
this error occurs? Is it the diagnostic message on
startup (when acd drives are inquired regarding their
potential content), or when accessing a CD or DVD?

The error message indicates, basically, that some
process (or program) is asking the drive for
something, and the drive doesn't answer back
correctly. Very technical explaination, I know. :-)

In order to find out if this is a critical message,
more information is needed.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany