Mouse not working on virtual box VM

Adam Vande More amvandemore at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 16:23:09 UTC 2010

> I've successfully got X Windows up and running on a Virtual Box VM on
> FreeBSD 8, however it isn't detecting my mouse.  Any idea on how I can make
> that happen?  As far as I know, there are no guest addition for virtual box
> for FreeBSD......of course that's assuming that would even help.  It might
> not.....

Mouse for freebsd guest works fine here.  There is a guest additions for a
freebsd guest, see the docs.

http://wiki.freebsd.org/VirtualBox

You also need to setup the guest as you would a dedicated host if you wanted
the physical host to have mouse support.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/install-post.html
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/x-config.html

--
Adam Vande More