rpm trashed my system with linux so's

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Fri Feb 12 04:30:12 UTC 2010

On Feb 11, 2010, at 8:05 PM, Steve Franks wrote:
> Main thing is that portupgrade -f gamin is *not* putting fresh bsd
> copies overtop the bad linux ones I stupidly installed, and anything
> with gtk is now useless (shared object 'libselinux.so.1" not found,
> required by "libgio-2.0.so.0"), which is pretty much everything.
>
> Short of reinstalling everything from CD, do I have options?

Sure.  First, however, please note that it is (presumably past) time to obtain a working backup mechanism for any system that you care about.

Consider the output of "find /usr/local/lib -mtime -2" (or some other # of days).  You can use pkg_which to identify the port which should have provided a native FreeBSD library; use pkg_delete -f _portname_ or similar measures to more forcefully remove these Linux .so's.

Regards,
--
-Chuck