gv&(kernel|X)

Chuck Bacon crtb at cape.com
Thu Feb 11 21:31:01 UTC 2010

I'm running, to quote uname -a:
FreeBSD tomato.local 8.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE #1: Fri Jan 22
19:50:14 EST 2010     root at tomato.local:/usr/src/sys/amd64/compile/TOMATO
amd64
on an ASUS M4A785-M motherboard with an AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 620
Processor.  The following symptoms of ill behavior were present on a
previous AMD system with 8.0-RC3; my alterations to the kernel consisted
solely of omitting parts of no use on the present system.

gv first:  Page numbers aren't recognized, so you can only go forward.
After the last page, a blank page is presented.

kernel or perhaps X, is next:  From an xterm, I typed ctrl-alt-F1 to look
at something.  Upon return to the xterm by alt-F9, I discover "0~" as if
I'd typed it in, which wasn't there before.  "cat|od -c" reveals it's (to
quote):
"033   [   2   0   ~  \n" .
I don't remember what that does, but I can't find anything changed in X.

       Avid hobbyist fan of FreeBSD since 386BSD
              Chuck Bacon - crtb at cape.com